1. (Video) Oprah on Fatherhood & the Mistakes Single Moms Make, National Fatherhood Initiative
"It's difficult to be what you don't see. . . what kind of father do you want for your son? What kind of father do you want your son to be?"
2. Obama Opens Up About His Father's Absence, The Washington Post
“. . . one of the biggest challenges – I grew up without a father,” he said. . . I turned out okay,” he said. “But at the same time, I wish I had had a father who was around and involved.”
3. Couples' Thoughts During Disagreements Affect Relationship Satisfaction, Science Daily
"Among happy couples, when one partner is thinking a lot about
disagreement or anger, the other instead may be thinking about how to
understand his or her partner or how to resolve the conflict."
4. Will You Marry Me (And My Student Loan Debt)?, Courier Journal
He even recommends planning "money dates in addition to movie dates" to
keep the marriage on a financial track. Couples need to understand how
much debt they owe and plan a schedule of how they're going to make
5. Almost No Couples With Children Who Stay Unmarried Stay Together, Study Claims, The Daily Telegraph
The report, which analyses figures from the Office for National Statistics,
found that 93 per cent of couples whose relationships are still intact by
the time their child is a teenager are married.
6. Battling Cancer Together, The New York Times
Nobody Can Read Minds Like Ms. Bantug, patients often
expect their partners to know how they are feeling and what they may
want, then resent it when unexpressed needs are not met.
7. The Lethality of Loneliness, New Republic
And as they delve deeper into the workings of cells and nerves, they are confirming that loneliness is as monstrous
as Fromm-Reichmann said it was. It has now been linked with a wide
array of bodily ailments as well as the old mental ones.
For more, see here.