1. Daddy's Influence? The Surprising Connection Between Fathers And Their Offspring During Pregnancy, Today
Infants whose fathers were absent— and had no involvement in the
pregnancy— were more likely to be born with lower birth weight and to be
Protecting Women and Girls, National Review Online
We were particularly concerned with spotlighting the danger that family
instability — and the presence of an unrelated male in the home — poses
to girls (and boys), a danger that is markedly lower for children in
3. Marriage And Money (Part One) -- Couples' Hindsight After The Honeymoon Is Over, The Wall Street Journal
[W]hen asked about important attributes when considering a
spouse, 95 percent of respondents rate "financial responsibility" as
important, with "physical attractiveness" and "career ambition" trailing
at 86 percent and 77 percent, respectively.
4. For Millennials, Parenthood Trumps Marriage, Pew Research
Pew Research surveys also find that Millennials are less likely than
adults ages 30 and older to say that a child needs a home with both a
father and mother to grow up happily and that single parenthood and
unmarried couple parenthood are bad for society.
5. The Transformative Power of Fatherhood, The National Review Online
Indeed, Harvard sociologist Robert Sampson has found that one of the
better predictors of violence at the neighborhood level is the presence
of large numbers of fatherless homes.
Obama Gets It Right, When It Comes to Fatherhood, Family Studies
Obama’s words are consistent with the general tenor of the research on fatherhood in the United States, which suggests that dads play an important role in increasing the odds that children thrive—emotionally, socially, and economically—across the nation.
7. Social Services Minister Kevin Andrews Says Taxpayers Could Provide Parents With Marriage Education, The Australian
He said before couples had a baby they did antenatal classes, were given
information about the birth process and how to look after a new-born but
no support was offered to help couples themselves deal with the
For more, see here.